The Benefits of Heating Controls
Reduce your energy usage
Reduce your energy usage by up to 20% with easy to use heating controls and save money on your home heating bills.
Heat when you need it
We will install a 7-day timer to help you plan your usage. We will advise you about remote access through a mobile app.
Zoned for more efficiency
Heat your hot water without having to turn on your home heating. We will advise you on splitting upstairs and downstairs into separate heating zones for further efficiency.
Upgrading your heating controls can reduce energy usage by 20%
Home heating systems without controls can be wasteful of energy and costly to run. This is because there is little to no control of the amount of heat being used to heat your home and your hot water. Adding modern heating controls can help match your space heating and hot water schedules to the working and living patterns in a home. This means when hot water is needed, you have it; and when you don’t it’s switched off.
At the very least, your heating systems should be split into two independently controlled zones. They are your ‘Space Heating Zone’ and your ‘Domestic Hot Water Zone’. This allows you to heat your hot water without being forced to turn on your space heating. It will also allow you to use your boiler to heat your hot water in the summer time, without using the immersion. Additional zones can also be put in place in large homes to split upstairs and downstairs or living areas and bedrooms.
How do you know if you need heating controls?
You can do a quick check to see if you need to install heating controls by answering the simple questions below. If you answer NO to some or all of the below questions, it would be beneficial for you to install some heating controls:
- Can you heat your domestic hot water without switching on your radiators or an electric immersion heater?
- Can you turn on your heating without heating your domestic hot water?
- Can you easily adjust the heat output from radiators in the rooms you use most often?
- Do you have temperature control on your boiler?
- Have you time control on your boiler that you can set for different days of the week?
- Have you a separate temperature control for your hot water cylinder?
- Have you a separate time control on your hot water cylinder?